It’s been 16 years and still, we are spellbound over the remarkable success of Kaakha Kaakha. The kind of impression, it created on the first day and the direct reversible scenario where the theatres saw inevitable crowds and repeat audiences. Be the stylish romantic avatar of Suriya and Jyotika, which left the entire teens in awe or the voguish yet poisonous baddie played by Jeevan or at the least Harris Jayaraj’s encounter episode theme music, which became the trending ringtone for all mobile users, who would pester each other to send it through Bluetooth transfer. Well, apart from all these well known, we at Thandora Times bring you something different and special that you will be surprised about.
1. Initially, Gautham Vasudev Menon had another leading actor of K-Town to play the role of Anbu Chelvan IPS. However, it was Jyotika who suggested Gautham Menon asking if he had watched Suriya’s performance in Nandha. Soon after viewing, he instantly decided to bring him onboard for this character.
2. Everyone was completely shocked and surprised to see such a beginning as no other actor would have such an introduction of being shot almost to dead and thrown into the silent waters. While performing the scene, Suriya did it couple of times and yet there was demand for one more takes. It was during this time, Jyotika personally advised Suriya saying, “If you’re going to do this and get admitted in the hospital with broken bones, no one is going to take care of you. So better avoid this.” – A sign of unconditional love that is one among their early sparks?
3. It was only during this time with such a movie, many technicians and their departments came under spotlights. Say for instance, Antony’s new dimensional immediate cuts. Say for example, Suriya and his colleagues walk a distance, which could have been a single shot, but there will be lots immediate cuts within, which was something new to the industry. Till then, art department wasn’t a much bigger attraction, but Rajeevan’s awe-inspiring Lake House became the dream land for every spouse and lovers.
4. Gautham Vasudev Menon was just one film old and you know what? He took a stunning drive of being smart enough to sell the film on first copy basis to Kalaipuli S Thanu.
5. Last but not the least, this is a fact that actually sends up a huge surprise and it’s already known to few people as well. In the DVD version, there is alternative ending, where Jyotika doesn’t die, but prepares has got just an injury on her hands. She casually bids goodbye to Suriya, who sets off to duty in the climax, which is followed by final credits.