Good Shepherd Matriculation Higher Secondary School, one of the oldest institutions in the city, organized an alumni meet at the school premises in Nungambakkam.
Around 500 enthusiastic alumni and retired teachers from across nine decades attended this event and relived old memories of their Alma Mater.
The alumni were taken on a beautiful journey down memory lane, with a nostalgic picture gallery, a booth where students could take photos in their favourite Good Shepherd uniforms, a photo montage, reminiscence by retired teachers and a few alumni, March past, Mass Drill and the legendary Baton Relay. Euphoria was high as the alumni competed in the sports field that was once their home ground. This nostalgic reunion for the Good Shepherd family concluded with the school song.
The guests of honour for the morning were Latha Natarajan, Buvaneshwari and Saida Banu, a few of the oldest alumni from the batches of the 1960s. According to the school's website, the Congregation of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd was founded in France in 1835 by St. Mary Euphrasia. She was born on 31st July 1796 in France.
"She was gifted with a deep love for humanity and revered each person in her/his uniqueness. The socially marginalised young girls and women of her time found in her a loving mother and teacher. By the time of her death on 24th April 1868, she had founded 110 Convents in 68 countries, including one in India in 1854. The Good Shepherd School in Chennai was started in 1925," it added.