More than 30 houses damaged in fire mishap near Marina beach

More than 30 houses were gutted in a fire mishap at Duming Kuppam near Foreshore Estate in Chennai during the early hours of today. No casualties were however reported as majority of residents of this area sleep in the nearby Marina beach to escape from the summer heat.

Fire tenders rushed to the spot immediately after receiving information and douses off flames after fighting with them for more than an hour, sources said. A faulty electrical transformer is said to be the reason behind the fire mishap, which has sent shock waves in the locality.