The most humblest and dedicated filmmaker H Vinoth is celebrating his birthday today (September 5). On this occasion, we bring you 10 interesting facts about the filmmaker.
1. While AK 60 is reportedly said to be a Cop movie, many had shared their opinions of getting research and detailing work for H Vinoth through some police officers they know. However, he was keen on getting it done with the ones; he had already worked in Sathuranga Vettai and Theeran Adhigaaram Ondru.
2. Soon after the release Sathuranga Vettai, producer Subash Chandra Bose of Thirrupathi Brothers gave Rs. 75, 000 for script discussion apart from providing him guest house stay, food and all facilities in Pondicherry. After completion of script, he came back giving Rs. 50, 000 saying that it was enough for him.
3. Vinoth flew down to Mumbai for narrating the script to Suriya. He actually listened during the lunch break of ‘24’ shooting. After the narration, Suriya called up director Lingusamy and said, “This is the first ever time in my career, where I couldn’t ask a single question or doubt during the narration. He’s special.”
4. Do you what’s the most exciting thing that happened to him? Superstar Rajinikanth was very much impressed with a script he narrated and instantly hugged him out of love for such an amazing writing. Things might happen soon indeed.
5. Although, he always wants to make a massive project with Ajith Kumar, he didn’t compromise with the script while remake ‘Pink’ as ‘Nerkonda Paarvai’. He was pretty sure of not including any unwanted action sequence and mass elements.
6. There was a particular shot in the film NKP, where Rangaraj Pandey won applause on the sets after delivering few pages of dialogues continuously. However, Vinoth just shocked everyone on the sets asking ‘Once More’. He justified saying, “A shot can be finalized only if it looks perfect on monitor and not by the spectators.”
7. During the promotions of Theeran Adhigaaram Ondru, he didn’t miss to pull out a hilarious take on one of the police officers commenting on ‘Singam’, where a cop easily raises his voice against a higher official and takes him to the road (Suriya’s conversation with Nizhalgal Ravi).
8. Despite tasting success, he still loves moving around the city on his Scooty Pep 2-wheeler.
9. Vinoth is never found on any social media platforms. At the maximum, his cell phone will not have more than 50 contact numbers.
10. He loves spending his leisure time reading books.